I’m currently postdoc on the COMMode Chaucer (Canonicity, Obscenity and the Making of Modern Chaucer) team, with Prof. Dr. Mary Flannery. Find our project site and blog updates here.
I was out of academia for about 16 months, 2018-2019 (during that time I worked as an online language instructor, an Academic English instructor in Japan, and a transcriptionist in Australia), during which time I made some progress on my first book. COVID-19 hit shortly after I returned to Bern, so I haven’t been out and about at conferences, or updating here for individual bits and pieces.
Book Chapter: (This one came out right as I was moving from Switzerland to the UK, thus no update)
- ‘Lancelot in the Friend Zone’, in Emotions and Medieval Textual Media ed. Mary C Flannery (Turhnout: Brepols, 2018)
- Review of Performing Emotions in Early Europe, ed. Maddern, McEwan, and Scott. (Parergon 36.2)
- Review of The Unspeakable, Gender and Sexuality in Medieval Literature, 1000–1400 by Victoria Blud (Parergon 36.2)
- ‘Review of: Queer Experimental Literature: The Affective Politics of Bad Reading, by Tyler Bradway’, Journal of Popular Romance Studies 8
- ‘Grammar and Body in translation: Grisandolus as genderqueer figure in the Suite Merlin and Middle English Prose Merlin’: Fiesole Digital Early Career Symposium, April 19 2020.